The Faculty of Science offers a number of scholarships for Ghanaian and Nigerian students who have applied for full-time taught master’s postgraduate degrees. The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee.
The University of Portsmouth is a public university in the city of Portsmouth. The University of Portsmouth has an excellent reputation for quality teaching and sustained. Its commitment is to prepare students for their future career.
- Application deadline: July 6, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for the postgraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are tenable in following subjects:
MSc Engineering Geology
MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
MSc Geographical Information Systems
MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee (currently £3020 for 2018/19 entry).
- Nationality: Nigeria and Ghana
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria and Ghana
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a Second Class) in a relevant subject.
Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
You will be considered for the scholarship if you:
Are fully self-funding
Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
Have applied to and been offered a place on one of the eligible postgraduate degree courses.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: There is no application form to complete. All applicants will be automatically considered for the award based upon the quality of their application form (including personal statement and academic qualifications)