DEADLINE: February 28, 2018
The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS) was established in 2007 as an independent think tank.HCSS conducts its activities independently and in collaboration with its large network of affiliated experts. Their products consist of strategic surveys, innovative policy recommendations, trend and scenario analyses, risk assessments, geopolitical and regional security analyses, conflict analyses, operational evaluations and identifications of lessons learned. HCSS is also a platform for the exchange of ideas and development of new concepts and strategic insights.
HCSS is looking for an enthusiastic PR & Communications intern. HCSS offers a dynamic internship in an international organization, where you will work on different topics such as global trends, international security, cyber security and resource scarcity. Responsibilities could include, amongst others: article editing, creating and drafting social media content, drafting of press briefings and newsletters, supporting HCSS media monitoring, assistance in developing social media campaigns, updating and maintaining social media channels, helping with website maintenance, and contributing to the promotion of HCSS publications.The intern will be supervised by internship coordinators. At the start of the internship, the intern will write a Personal Development Plan in consultation with the coordinators, to identify learning goals. During the internship, there will be three evaluation meetings to track the intern’s progress.
· You will experience what it is like to work in a team of professionals in a small, international think tank.
· As an intern, you contribute to developing and executing communication strategies for HCSS projects.
· It is expected to be a paid internship.
· Candidates must be enrolled as a student during the entire duration of the internship;
· Candidates must be able to commit at least 24 hours a week. A full-time internship (40 hours a week) is strongly preferred;
· Duration of the internship: minimum of 4, maximum of 6 months;
· Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’) by the Dutch Ministry of Justice and proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship;
To apply and for more information visit here