Deadline: March 6th, 2018
The Laureate Global Fellowship is a pioneering youth social entrepreneurship program working to redefine how young people lead change.
Launched in 2001, the fellowship invests annually in twenty extraordinary young leaders whose social ventures are transforming how age-old challenges are addressed in their communities and countries. Fellowship applicants earn their spot in this renowned cohort through a rigorous selection process including evaluation by a panel of peer leaders and executives from distinguished global institutions.
Sponsored by Laureate International Universities, the Laureate Global Fellowship is one of YouthActionNet’s 23 national/regional youth leadership institutions worldwide, whose fellows shape our network of nearly 1700 youth driving change in over 90 countries.
- Young leaders ages 18-29 who have founded or co-founded social ventures with at least one year of impact are eligible to apply to the fellowship.
- We encourage applications from youth representing all countries, genders, education levels, races, religions, and social impact areas. We believe the diversity of experiences across fellows in each cohort is a vital factor in shaping the open-minded learning community that’s central to our approach. Meet the 2017 class.
- While measures of success such as existing impact, innovation, and community mobilization are important, we also consider applicants’ capacity for self-reflection and ability to contribute positively to a collaborative learning environment. Learn more about the qualities YouthActionNet looks for in young social entrepreneurs.
Laureate Global Fellows begin their fellowship experience at a week-long, in-person retreat where they are challenged to step away from the demands of daily work in order to see themselves, their work, and the world with new eyes.
During the retreat, Fellows develop their leadership through the following lenses:
- Individual: Fellows explore their leadership capacities, strengths, and weaknesses, and define their sense of purpose.
- Groups: Fellows learn how to collaborate effectively, work toward common goals, and motivate teams to high performance.
- Ventures: Fellows critically examine their social change solutions and find ways to sustain their impact.
- Systems: Fellows consider how their work connects to larger systems and issues.
Retreat sessions are conducted using an experiential, peer-to-peer learning methodology that equips fellows with the necessary tools and frameworks to apply what they’ve learned
Over the course of the fellowship year, fellows gain access to opportunities for needs-based personal and organizational development, including:
- One-on-one coaching and individualized support
- Virtual learning sessions
- Personal and organizational assessments
- Peer coaching groups
Fellowship for Life
Beyond the fellowship year, YouthActionNet provides fellows with learning and networking opportunities, facilitates access to resources, and helps position our fellows as credible experts in their fields. Fellows join our growing network of nearly 1700 changemakers in over 90 countries who have participated in YouthActionNet fellowship programs.
APPLICATION OPENS – February 6th
- Applicants must complete written and video portions of application, and supply two reference contacts
DEADLINE TO APPLY – March 6th
- Applications must be submitted by March 6th, 2018 at 11:59pm EDT
APPLICANTS NOTIFIED OF STATUS – June 29th
- All applicants will be notified of their status by mid-June 2018
LAUREATE GLOBAL FELLOWSHIP LEADERSHIP TRAINING AND RETREAT – October 2018
- Those selected as Laureate Global Fellows must attend the entirety of the training and fellowship retreat
- Costs including airfair, visa fees, ground transportation, accomodations, and group meals are covered by the International Youth Foundation
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunities, kindly visit the link below to apply: