Applications are open for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, a unique opportunity for early-phase women entrepreneurs to take their companies to the next level. The Award is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come.
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- Series of entrepreneurship workshops, knowledge sessions and networking events during the Awards week
- Media visibility
- A scholarship to attend the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship 6-Day Executive Programme (provided the business meets INSEAD’s eligibility criteria)
- Networking opportunities through the Cartier Awards community
- First prize for the 7 laureates:
- US$ 100 000 in prize money
- One-to-one personalized business mentoring
- Second prize for the 14 finalists:
- S$ 30 000 in prize money
- Women entrepreneurs in the initial stages of development, in any country, of any nationality and operating in any industry are welcome to submit their application.
- To be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, the project must be an original for-profit early-stage business (1 to 3 years old) led by a woman.
- For-profit: the business should be designed to generate revenues, non-profit project proposals not accepted.
- Originality: the business should be a new concept, wholly conceived by the founder or team, and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business.
- Early stage: the business should be in the initial phase of its development (between 1-3 years)
- Revenue generation: the business should currently be generating revenue. It being understood that a business that is generating revenue is not necessarily profitable in its first years of operations.
- Women leadership & ownership: The main leadership position must be filled by a woman either in the capacity of Director, General Manager or CEO. She must also own significant stake within the company. The ownership of the business is evaluated based on the position of the candidate in relation to other stakeholders.
- Legal entry age: 18 or the age of legal majority in country of citizenship (whichever is older) on the day of the application deadline.
- Good command of English required (both verbal and written).
- The Jury evaluates the projects based on criteria of creativity, sustainability (potential for growth) and impact
- Creativity: degree of innovation shown by the overall business concept, uniqueness of the project on the market or country where it is being developed
- Financial sustainability: financial impact of the business; revenue model, development strategy and other aspects indicating its chances of long-term success and future growth
- Social impact: effect of the business on society, in terms of jobs created or its effect on the immediate or broader environment
- The overall quality and clarity of the material presented
Deadline: 31 August 2018
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards.