APPLY: National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Hurford Youth Fellows Program for Youth Leaders 2018/2019
DEADLINE: March 14 2018
The Hurford program seeks to build the leadership skills, enhance the organizational talents and harness the potential of emerging democracy leaders from around the world. Through the Hurford Program, two young activists per year spend four months at NED during which time they expand their global network, learn lessons from activists from democracy movements around the world and contribute to the development of the world.
· Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipend takes into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C.
· Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including internet and e-mail access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long distance phone calls.
· Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30 years of age.
· They must demonstrate strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide. Youth affiliated with civil society organisations are especially encouraged to apply.
· A working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
· The Hurford Youth Fellows Program is open to applicants from any country. It does not provide scholarship funds or any other type of financial aid to university or graduate students, nor is it designed to support postdoctoral research.
To apply and for more information visit here