British Council is seeking applications for its Future Leaders Connect Programme with an aim to provide future leaders with skills and international networks which will improve their ability to make or influence policy changes, leading to long term impact on the social and economic development in their countries and beyond.
The project is being undertaken to support the development of future policy makers in key countries, aiming to help them become exceptional leaders. The Programme is run by the British Council, 10 Spring Gardens, London SW1A 2BN, United Kingdom.
As a part of the programme, those who are selected will be required to travel to the UK from 22 October – 1 November 2018.
The costs of travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the British Council and the programme is fully accessible. For those who do not gain one of the exclusive places on the programme, applicants will be invited to be part of the Future Leaders Connect Community where applicants can access a range of free online professional development policy and leadership resources.
- The Programme is open to individuals of the participating countries who meet all the criteria listed below. The participating countries are: Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, UK and the USA.
To meet the Eligibility Criteria, listed below, Participants must;
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old on the 13 May 2018.
- Be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (Generally applicants have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings.
Applicants can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.)
- Hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from November 2018.
- Be based in one of the participating countries. In this case, being ‘based in’ means that applicant currently live in this country at the time of applying and applicants have a long term commitment to that country. their policy vision for change needs to match the country applicants are applying from.
- Be available to travel to the UK for 11 days around the time of 22 October and 1 November 2018.
Deadline: 13 May 2018
For more information, please visit webpage