Global Social Benefit Institute Accelerator Programme 2018/2019 for social enterprises
Miller Center delivers world-class accelerator programs that connect global social enterprise leaders with Silicon Valley business executives to develop more sustainable, scalable market-based solutions to the problems of those living in poverty around the world.
Miller Center are launching a 6-month accelerator program for social enterprises that serve or are led by migrants, refugees, and human trafficking survivors. The program will culminate in an Investor Showcase in the Bay Area, timed so that program participants can meet impact investors at SOCAP18.
Benefits to selected social entrepreneurs:
- PROVEN PROGRAM. Experience Miller Center’s structured, validated curriculum that has helped over 800 social enterprises attain operational excellence and prepare for investment.
- MENTORS. You will be accompanied by Silicon Valley mentors with expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship who are your trusted advisors
- INVESTOR SHOWCASE. An opportunity to pitch your plan for scaling with a justifiable ask at an Investor Showcase in San Francisco.
- NO CHARGE. All Miller Center GSBI accelerator programs are offered at no charge to selected social enterprises.
Miller Center GSBI accelerator seek applicants who:
- Lead an existing for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid social enterprise (not microenterprise), in operation for one or more years.
- Deliver products or services to undocumented migrants, refugees, or human trafficking survivors, OR provide infrastructure to address challenges facing these vulnerable populations, OR are led by migrants or refugees.
- Are willing to commit 3-6 hours per week to complete program deliverables and work with your mentors online.
Social entrepreneurs selected into GSBI Online or GSBI Accelerator receive:
- Two mentors to work with for the program duration
- Program management from GSBI staff with regular communications to keep you on-track and provide support as needed, along with useful sector resources
- Content tailored to your business needs with templates, tools, and resources
- A full scholarship for the program costs*
*GSBI In-residence Accelerator participants are expected to pay for round-trip airfare for the 10-day in-residence portion of the program in August at Santa Clara University.
- March 16, 2018 | Applications due March 16, 2018
- Week of April 23, 2018 | Finalists notified
- May 15, 2018 | GSBI Online accelerator program commences
- October 19 – October 23, 2018 | In-residence in Silicon Valley
- October 23, 2018 | Investor Showcase in San Francisco Bay Area
- November 2018 | GSBI Online accelerator program completion
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly visit the link below to apply
Click here to apply for the Miller Center GSBI accelerator Program 2018