Kwame Nkrumah University MasterCard Scholarships 2019/2020
- The MasterCard Foundation aims to raise transformational leaders who will influence change on the African Continent.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
- It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change in Africa.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana is one of the host schools for this prestigious scholarship.
- Established in 1952, KNUST has a rich history in its evolution into a first class University over the years. Kwame Nkrumah, the African Personality of the Century and pioneer of African independence is the founder of KNUST.
- KNUST believes in achievement through diligence and commitment, and continually develops plans not only to maintain its status as Ghana’s No.1 University but also to improve its international standing.
Field(s) of Study
- All subjects are considered, with preference given to Science students.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials and uniforms, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring(Go-Back Give- Back) and uniquely sourced internship.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Community and Alumni.
- Undergraduates have the opportunity to be selected for an accelerated Masters Degree with an MCF partner institution in the USA.
How many scholarships are given?
- Several scholarships are given out every year.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
Below are the criteria for admission into this program.
- ALL STUDENTS FROM THE 303 LESS ENDOWED SCHOOLS (classified by the GHANA EDUCATION SERVICE) who satisfy KNUST’s admission requirements
- Attention will also be given to students outside the less endowed schools with extremely critical needs.
- Applicants should have WASSCE, GBCE, ABCE, and GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent results from an accredited institution.
- Students who are awaiting results will not be accepted.
- International students from provable economically vulnerable background
- Girls and physically challenged applicants will be given top priority
- A good record of accomplishment in leadership and community engagement.
- The applicant must be prepared to “Go-Back Give-Back” to his or her community.
- Applications close on March 29, 2019.
How do I get more information and to apply? Visit here
No comments yet! You be the first to comment.