Apply For Ignite Africa Challenge 2020
Ignite Africa Challenge is a platform centered on unveiling youth talent across our continent for solving the most pressure problems through high impact social entrepreneurship.
Selected teams will be shortlisted as semi-finalists by a panel of academics and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions, as well as the IGNITE AFRICA team and board. Selected teams will get the opportunity to:
- Present their ideas at an IGNITE AFRICA Semifinals event of their choice
- Be part of the emergent African leaders that are building the future they want to live in
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with experts
- All appropriate information must be cited.
- The submission should be sent in one accepted language: English. All submissions completed in a language not listed above will be disqualified.
- Submissions that do not meet the format requirements listed above will be disqualified.
You need to be African or based in Africa to apply. You need to be a student or 35 years or below as of January 31 2020 to be eligible.
Submissions will be evaluated according to how well teams demonstrate the following 4 attributes:
- Significance : Teams should be specific enough that they can go into some level of depth, but significant enough that it impacts a large number of people and/or businesses and communities.
- Originality and creativity: Teams should present a solution that is original and creative; submissions should present ideas that are either undeveloped or severely underdeveloped in international development research and literature.
- Feasibility: Teams should include a brief ‘road map to adoption’ that argues for the feasibility of the solution and addresses any obvious roadblocks; all submissions should be actionable and measurable; they should also be based in practicality rather than just theory. Teams are encouraged to tie their submissions to a particular country or region of Africa.
- Clarity : Teams should present their idea in a clear and concise manner.
Team Composition: Teams must consist of 2 to 4 members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities, etc.
Submission: Proposals must be submitted through the official Channels.
Deadline for Proposal Submissions: January 31 2020 at 11:59 PM (GMT+1)
Announcement of Shortlisted Teams for Semifinals: February 10 2020
Semifinals: March and April 2020
Accelerator and Fellowship Program: June – August 2020
Finals: October 2020